SURREY – New Democrat MLAs in Surrey are welcoming BC government supports aimed at keeping seasonal farm workers, and all agriculture workers, safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. To protect farmers and farm workers during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Ministry of …
Message from Bruce Ralston, MLA Surrey-Whalley
Welcome to the vibrant and diverse community of Surrey – Whalley. Since the opening of our community office in 2005, my staff and I continue to listen to and speak with hundreds of constituents and follow up on issues and concerns that are being brought to our attention. Come visit my office where my staff is ready to assist or give us a call. I look forward to hearing from you!
Thank you to everyone for doing your part in the fight against COVID-19. Whether you’re a front-line health worker, an essential service worker, or are staying at home and following social distancing guidelines, what you are doing is making a difference.
Here are some links to information and resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Health information:
- Visit the BC Centre for Disease Control for up-to-date information, resources and best practices during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Call 8-1-1 to speak to a health care professional about potential COVID-19 symptoms, or any other health-related concerns.
- Access the online self-assessment tool at any time to check your symptoms and determine if you require further assessment or testing.
- Non-medical information and what your government is doing to support people:
- Visit the BC Government COVID-19 webpage for the latest updates on our government’s response, including provincial health officer orders, and provincial support for individuals and businesses.
- Call 1-888-COVID19 (1-888-268-4319) for the latest on travel recommendations and social distancing, as well as support and resources from the provincial and federal government. You can also send a text to 604-630-0300.
- Call 2-1-1 or visit bc211.ca if you are a senior needing support, or if you’re a volunteer who is able to provide support.
- Visit the federal government’s webpage for information on federal support for individuals and businesses.
My constituency office is currently providing service to people and businesses in Surrey-Whalley via phone and email. We can help connect you with the services and support that you need during this challenging time. Please get in touch.
Phone: 604-586-2740Learn More
Surrey – New Democrat MLAs Jinny Sims, Garry Begg, Rachna Singh, Harry Bains, Bruce Ralston, and Jagrup Brar say students in Surrey are going to see more green, efficient and safe learning spaces thanks to $2.9 million in provincial funding for school …
It is a great privilege to be able to attend the largest Vaisakhi Celebration in North America, right here in Surrey. This is a time for everyone to come together to honour the creation of the Khalsa and the values …